I haven't vacationed for awhile. It's been 3 years since I took my kids on vacation to Michigan. It's been a year since my daughter and I took a trip to Harry Potter World. We combined a couple days t the beach on that trip but it was cold and icky so we spent time only indoors. I thought changing jobs would make it easier to get away but work has been crazy busy so that hasn't panned out. So, I need to have some ideas of where I'd like to go for quick weekend trips. And I'm talking the type of vacation where you fly somewhere. I'll have a drive-away weekend post to complete some other time.
So, flyaway weekends. I'm going to separate this into places I want to go and places that are more feasible for weekends money-wise. I'll start with the second. Probably this will end up being Florida trips because the Central Illinois Airport has Florida or Atlanta trips cheaper.
Tampa/St Pete. Just being on the beach is relaxing. Fresh seafood. Ocean Air. There's nothing I want to go there specifically for. It's just a beach and easy to get to.
Orlando. Once again, it's Florida and it's easy to get to. Most of the times I've been to Florida it has been for Disney World when the kids were little. There's so much in Orlando that I haven't seen. And one of my best friends in the world lives there - Steve O'Connell. Even after many years we can sit down and chat like we've never been apart. So, I can look up some things to do outside of Disney, Sea World, Downtown Disney, etc. There's a big world in that one city so I need to see what I want to see.
Hmmmm, maybe this is part of the problem. I don't even know where I want to go! California is a long way to go on a weekend so that is pretty well out, as well as the Southwest and the Pacific Northwest. It takes all day to get through airports to get there. So these are really better to consider for a longer trip.
So other than that, there are closer places but it may be more of a drive so I'll explore those...
Chattanooga or Nashville. Nashville has so much to offer, I've been there, as well as Chattanooga, and both are fun cities with lots to do.
Il like to find some cities in Wisconsin and Michigan but that needs to be summer or early fall.
I want to explore upper New England. I'd like to go to Acadia National Park in Maine. I want to have some great seafood. I haven't spent a lot of time in New England. I've been all over but not spent long in any place. So I'm open to exploring anywhere in the NorthEast.
Some places in Texas would be good...Austin, Dallas or San Antonio. Yeah, San Antonio for dinner on the RiverWalk.
TO BE CONTINUED...
So, flyaway weekends. I'm going to separate this into places I want to go and places that are more feasible for weekends money-wise. I'll start with the second. Probably this will end up being Florida trips because the Central Illinois Airport has Florida or Atlanta trips cheaper.
Tampa/St Pete. Just being on the beach is relaxing. Fresh seafood. Ocean Air. There's nothing I want to go there specifically for. It's just a beach and easy to get to.
Orlando. Once again, it's Florida and it's easy to get to. Most of the times I've been to Florida it has been for Disney World when the kids were little. There's so much in Orlando that I haven't seen. And one of my best friends in the world lives there - Steve O'Connell. Even after many years we can sit down and chat like we've never been apart. So, I can look up some things to do outside of Disney, Sea World, Downtown Disney, etc. There's a big world in that one city so I need to see what I want to see.
Hmmmm, maybe this is part of the problem. I don't even know where I want to go! California is a long way to go on a weekend so that is pretty well out, as well as the Southwest and the Pacific Northwest. It takes all day to get through airports to get there. So these are really better to consider for a longer trip.
So other than that, there are closer places but it may be more of a drive so I'll explore those...
Chattanooga or Nashville. Nashville has so much to offer, I've been there, as well as Chattanooga, and both are fun cities with lots to do.
Il like to find some cities in Wisconsin and Michigan but that needs to be summer or early fall.
I want to explore upper New England. I'd like to go to Acadia National Park in Maine. I want to have some great seafood. I haven't spent a lot of time in New England. I've been all over but not spent long in any place. So I'm open to exploring anywhere in the NorthEast.
Some places in Texas would be good...Austin, Dallas or San Antonio. Yeah, San Antonio for dinner on the RiverWalk.
TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:
Post a Comment